Whimsy Chuffed (ABN 48 619 686 976) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and rights of individuals in relation to their personal information and is committed to protecting your privacy online.
What do we mean by your "personal information"?
When referred to in this policy, the term "personal information" includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This could include your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth. If the information that we collect can personally identify you or you can be reasonably identified from it, we classify it as personal information.
How do we collect your personal information?
In general, you can browse our website and social media accounts without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are a few places where we give you the opportunity to provide us with your personal information. This may include:
- through your access and use of our website, including when you purchase a product
- during conversations between you and our representatives (eg in person or via telephone, email, Facebook or Instagram)
- if you connect with us via a social network
- if you enter a competition
- when you complete a customer survey or send us feedback
- when you submit a job application or resume.
What personal information do we collect, use and hold?
- your name and contact details (eg residential or postal address, email address and telephone number)
- your age, date of birth and gender
- details of products that you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any information required to deliver those products and to respond to your queries
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website or social networks.
Why do we collect, use and hold your personal information?
Whimsy Chuffed collects, uses and holds your personal information to better understand your needs as a customer and to help us provide you with a better and more reliable service. We collect, use and hold your personal information:
- to complete a transaction online via our website or over the telephone
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly
- to enhance your customer experience online and help us complete your transactions faster
- for planning, marketing, research and continual improvement purposes
- to conduct business processing functions, including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties (e.g. Australia Post and courier companies)
- to issue competition prizes or discount codes.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, service providers or suppliers for the purpose of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT system administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- comply with any relevant law.
Direct marketing material
Whimsy Chuffed may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products that we consider may be of interest to you if you have not opted-out during the checkout process. For those who have opted-in, we may send occasional marketing communications and information via post or email, and these will be sent in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You will have the ability to opt-out at any time.
Debit / credit card security
Whimsy Chuffed uses Shopify, American Express, Paypal and Afterpay to process debit and credit card payments made through our website. Please refer to their websites for further information about debit and credit card security.
Third party websites
We sometimes provide links to third party websites via our website or social networks, which are provided solely as a convenience to you and are not operated by us. These linked sites are not under our control and we do not accept responsibility for the conduct of companies. Whimsy Chuffed is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
How to contact us?
You have the right to access your records to verify or amend the personal information that we have on file by contacting us and making a formal request.